Invalid e-mail and password combination.
Print this page

Roses Discussions

Translation: EN FR ES DE
I am having a problem with white roses....I recently purchased white roses from the co-op, brought them home cut, put in water, same with the white rose spray......my cooler is out at the moment, but I did process them like I always do, let them drink about two hours, had a bride who was taken her pictures the next day. I made her bouquet which was on Thanksgiving Day that evening......kept them in a room at the temp of 60, but the next day I notice that ALL of the roses as well as the spray roses were turning black at the tips....could someone please tell me what happened what did I do wrong????

Thank you....
Post rating (0 rating | 0 votes) 
By: Mocha46 - Member Since: 2014-11-30
Sort Replies by : Date    Top Rated
Translation: EN FR ES DE
Sometimes roses develop Botrytis long after hydration, but this is usually brown not black. Might just be a one off. Best advice is to take pictures and provide feedback to your supplier. Sometimes they have other instances of these types of quality issues and can piece the facts together for you. 
Post rating (0 rating | 0 votes) 
By: Sierra Staff - Member Since: 2011-01-12
Sierra Flower Finder is dedicated to the professional floral community by Sierra Flower Trading. Through this collaborative site, we are creating the opportunity for breeders, growers, wholesalers and florists to share their knowledge and passion for the incredible diversity of flowers that make our industry so unique.