Pas encore membre?
Inscrivez-vous maintenant!
Fermer
Combinaison d’adresse courriel
et de mot de passe invalide.
Imprimer

Discussions sur Oeillets

Traduction: EN FR ES DE
Why is it that carns are unloved? the ultimate commodity flower. They come in humdreds of colours, They have a great vase life and they travel well. Is it time for the carnation to make a comeback?
Évaluation de l'entrée (0 rating | 0 votes) 
Par: Brett - Depuis: 2011-01-11
Classer par : Date    Les plus populaires
Are they really unloved or is it that the consumer still expects to pay very little for a flower that really does last several weeks. There are all sorts of great new varieties and yes consumers need to be educated on the great value of a carnation or should we say Dianthus!
Par: Sunshine - Depuis: 2011-01-26
I think the carnation has made a comeback in some circles, often used in groups of the same variety to create topiary style balls and to give an effect of a single giant bloom. I agree, the carnation can be a lovely flower. Fragrant and long lasting.
Par: Alyson - Depuis: 2011-09-06
In the field of design, I often find all that's old is new again.  We have some clients who are senior citizens who will always order carnations as it is reminiscent of their history and it is what brings them joy to give and receive.  I've always maintained that when clustered together as a group, they can mimic some varieties of roses and are extremely cost effective and provide great value because of their longevity.  Yes, education is important, but I find it only gains traction if you have a client who is open-minded and willing to listen.  We have clients who will simply not want a carnation because it is not considered a flower that is "on trend".  For anyone who watched Sex and the City (majority of whom are women) the comment about carnations being "filler" flowers didn't help.  I predict a come-back in the years ahead.
Évaluation de l'entrée (1 rating | 1 vote) 
Par: Ellis Flowers - Depuis: 2012-01-12
I am doing a wedding this weekend with mostly purple Moon carnations. Can't wait! The bride requested them!
And yes, I have used the word dianthus when I am showing clients bouquet pictures. Why not, once they are combined with other flowers, no one notices. Especially with all the great colors.
Par: MEWSDESIGNS - Depuis: 2011-09-21
I adore carnations. As previously mentioned, they are long-lasting and travel well, plus the variety of colors. I also think carnations have a lovely scent. My favorite combination is pink and white together. Very feminine looking! :)
Évaluation de l'entrée (1 rating | 1 vote) 
Par: gooseberry - Depuis: 2012-08-30
Sierra Cherche Fleur est dédiée à la communauté florale professionnelle par l’entremise de la Distribution florale Sierra. Par le biais de ce site collectif, nous donnons la chance aux sélectionneurs, aux producteurs, aux grossistes et aux fleuristes de partager leurs connaissances et leur passion pour la diversité incroyable des fleurs qui rend notre industrie si unique.