Invalid e-mail and password combination.
Print this page

Flowers and Fillers Discussions

Translation: EN FR ES DE
Stock question:

Every time i get in Stock (reguardless of color, wholesaler, destributer or time of year) it comes in looking perfect and is either brown, falling appart, flopped over or dead within 48 hours. i've tried everything from different water tems and additives, to changing my cooler temperatures.

what am i doing wrong?
Post rating (0 rating | 0 votes) 
By: figgy - Member Since: 2012-03-02
Sort Replies by : Date    Top Rated
Hmmmm, thats curious. While Double Stock is not the longest lasting cutflower variety, you should still get a good 5 to 7 days and the stems should definately not flop over. As Double Stock drinks and opens you sometimes have to remove some of the lower, more mature blooms to keep it looking clean.
As mentioned in the Florist and Wholesaler section of the Double Stock page, clean water and proper floral preservative are key to getting the full vase life out of this flower.

Have you tried Stock grown in Ecuador?
By: colin - Member Since: 2011-01-04
Tried from everywhere. i dont mind removing a few blooms but when you are left with only 3-4 flowers per stem what is the point?

Thanks for the help anyone else got some intel?
By: figgy - Member Since: 2012-03-02
By: fdny343 - Member Since: 2011-05-18
which flowers can you dry out and can be used for a while
By: sheilab - Member Since: 2016-09-13
Sierra Flower Finder is dedicated to the professional floral community by Sierra Flower Trading. Through this collaborative site, we are creating the opportunity for breeders, growers, wholesalers and florists to share their knowledge and passion for the incredible diversity of flowers that make our industry so unique.