Invalid e-mail and password combination.
Print this page

Flowers and Fillers Discussions

Translation: EN FR ES DE
Peonies from Ontario are now being harvested in good numbers.  It's a short season but what could be better than supporting Canadian growers and getting rewarded with awesome peonies, talk about a win/win.  They are my favourite flower wherever they are coming from but there is something extra special about Ontario grown peonies.
Post rating (0 rating | 0 votes) 
By: flowerman - Member Since: 2011-01-19
Sort Replies by : Date    Top Rated
I just saw a few, they are coming with nice long stems, for peonies. Beautiful!!!!
By: Ericka - Member Since: 2011-01-21
I'm a wedding planner in Ottawa and I'd love to find them locally - anyone know where to get the Ontario-grown peonies?
By: Tackybabe - Member Since: 2011-06-27
You can always try the auction in Mississauga.
By: north of 45 - Member Since: 2011-01-04
I know the 2012 season was bad for the local Ontario growers of peonies - they are usually grown outdoors and that snap frost in April killed a lot of buds that had developed early.  I know one grower was at 20-30% of production.

The bonus is they "deadheaded" the plants in the late spring and weather permitting, it should be a solid crop of 2013

By: Dan - Member Since: 2012-10-23
Sierra Flower Finder is dedicated to the professional floral community by Sierra Flower Trading. Through this collaborative site, we are creating the opportunity for breeders, growers, wholesalers and florists to share their knowledge and passion for the incredible diversity of flowers that make our industry so unique.