Invalid e-mail and password combination.
Print this page

Roses Discussions

Translation: EN FR ES DE
I am looking for a rose color: lavender or darker lilac. I want it to be big as a Grand Prix. Anyone have any suggestions?
Post rating (0 rating | 0 votes) 
By: pinglis - Member Since: 2011-02-28
Sort Replies by : Date    Top Rated
We swear by "Cool Water" for great color and general performance. Not exactly sure how he size compares to Grand Prix ( red right?) but for bang for your buck CW is our fav. ( not always that easy to find BTW, wish they would grow more of these)
Hope this helps!
By: Norma - Member Since: 2011-02-15
Another good option would be Silverstone. The bloom size is 5.0 to 5.5cm aprox and good performance.
By: Catalina - Member Since: 2011-01-24
you might want to try "cool water" or "ocean song". for a great bloom size i find that "Rosa Prima" and "Da Vinci" farms provide the better quality rose. if your looking for a darker lilac color there is a garden rose named "mami blue" its the closest your going to get to purple.
By: christoperav - Member Since: 2011-03-24
I agree with Christoperav, Ocean Song is another great lavender rose and larger blooms will generally come from farms that produce at higher altitudes in Ecuador and who harvest with a slightly more open cut which produces a larger head size without sacrificing vase life.
Post rating (1 rating | 1 vote) 
By: colin - Member Since: 2011-01-04
Sierra Flower Finder is dedicated to the professional floral community by Sierra Flower Trading. Through this collaborative site, we are creating the opportunity for breeders, growers, wholesalers and florists to share their knowledge and passion for the incredible diversity of flowers that make our industry so unique.