- Roses are graded by stem length in cm, the shortest stem in the bunch should meet the grade length.
- Stem length should be measured below the head.
- Longer grades of roses will generally have a larger heads than a shorter grade of the same variety.
- Head size should be consistent by variety in each bunch
Roses are harvested at 4 different “cut stages” catering to different market demands.
- “Mass Market” roses use the traditional “tighter” rose cut stage and are harvested with a cut point that ranges from 2.5 to 3.0 depending on the specific variety.
- “Wholesaler ” roses are and are produced with a more "open cut” by harvesting with a cut stage that ranges